For those looking for more information on evidence-based funding, we pulled together some press articles, recent research reports, and a Stand fact sheet to offer a deeper dive on the topic as a whole.
Although the world has changed since these videos were produced, the impact of evidence-based funding has been even more relevant. The $1 billion in evidence-based funding schools received over the last three years has supported the modernized curriculum and technology infrastructure that so many districts are relying on today.
As the video stories illustrate, evidence-based funding works. It’s vital that you tell your state lawmaker to ensure it continues.
PRESS OF NOTE:
- Illinois public school leaders worry school funding reform in jeopardy, Peoria Journal Star, March 11, 2020
- ISBE Seeks More Funds in Pursuit of Equity, NPR Illinois, January 16, 2020
- Report says funding formula has helped poor districts, State Journal-Register, October 15, 2019
- Money matters: How school funding inequities affect Illinois students, taxpayers, The Southern Illinoisan, October 6, 2019
- Analysts: New school funding model working, needs more money, State Journal-Register, March 27, 2019
- Rockford Superintendent’s View: Legislative changes help students and taxpayers, Rockford Register Star, June 30, 2018
RESEARCH AND TOOLS OF NOTE:
Fully Funding the Evidence-Based Formula, Center for Tax and Budget Accountability, March 27, 2019
- Identifies four different scenarios – by the number of years and amount of additional yearly investment which would be necessary – to fund the EBF on a fully inflation-adjusted basis.
Leadership Matters, How Evidence-Based Funding is Helping Illinois Students, Illinois Association of School Administrators, May 2019
- Fifty stories from across the state on how districts are spending new evidence-based funding. Special thanks to IASA for their help with identifying strong stories for us to tell through this video program.
Equity Dashboard, Advance Illinois
- Deep-dive into Illinois’ new school funding formula with a district-by-district look-up tool.
Evidence-Based Funding Tools, Illinois State Board of Education
- State models, tools, FAQ, and data used to determine evidence-based funding amounts. For true data nerds who want to get in the weeds.
Professional Review Panel, Illinois State Board of Education
- The Evidence-Based Funding Professional Review Panel is a group of practitioners, experts, legislative leaders, and advocates (including a representative from Stand for Children) tasked with reviewing the implementation of evidence-based funding, as mandated by law.
- The panel will recommend continual recalibration and other modifications to evidence-based funding to meet the needs of all Illinois students.